In EPCG there currently exist two trade union organizations: Trade union organization of employees of Montenegrin Electric Enterprise-Joint-stock company-Niksic (hereinafter SZO) and The Labour Union of EPCG AD Nikšić (hereinafter SO). The representative union organization is only Trade union organization of employees of Montenegrin Electric Enterprise-Joint-stock company-Niksic (hereinafter SZO)
Trade union organization of employees of Montenegrin Electric Enterprise Niksic (hereinafter SZO)
Trade union organization of employees of Montenegrin Electric Enterprise-Joint-stock company-Niksic (hereinafter SZO) is a voluntary organization of employees whose interest is committed to the realization, protection and promotion of economic, social, educational and cultural interests of its members and all employees.
SZO is the majority union in EPCG and it is independent of Management, government bodies and political parties. All employees in the company can join the trade union organization, except the management.
Our organization represents the basic form of the organization and work.
SZO is currently constituted of 6 union affiliates (HPP “Perucica”, HPP “Piva”, TPP “Pljevlja”; Head Office of the company, functional unit of Supply and Functional unit of Production), accepting the union program , the Statute and Rules of trade union organization of employees.
Elections take place every five year.
Bodies of trade union organization of employees are: the Assembly, Executive board, President and Supervisory board.
Union activities are performed by professional of TUO: president, expert and administrative worker.
Rights and obligations of members of trade union organization of employees are regulated by the Rules of trade union organization of employees of Montenegrin Electric Enterprise-Joint-stock company-Niksic.
Main tasks and objectives of trade union organization of employees are:
- effective exercise and protection of trade union rights and freedoms;
- participation in the drafting and signing the collective contract with the employer;
- participation of employees in making decisions and manegement;
- helping each other on the principle of the union solidarity;
- providing a healthy working environment and adequate protection at work;
- effective legal protection of membership;
- vacation, recreation, cultural, sports and similar activities;
- cooperation with other trade union organizations in the country and abroad;
- informing the membership about the activities and politics of TUO.
In addition to the majority representative trade union - Trade union organizations of employees of Elektroprivreda Crne Gore AD Niksic EPCG, exists and minority trade union - Trade union organization of Elektroprivreda Crne Gore AD Niksic, which for now, according to the law, did not provide a representative status.
SOZ has, together with the trade union organization of workers of Coal Mine A.D. Pljevlja, on 28 December 2013 decided on the establishment of the Independent Trade Union of Energy of Montenegro.
Decision of the Minister of Labour and Social Welfare no. 72-86 / 14 confirmed the representativeness of the Independent Trade Union of Energy at the level of Montenegro's branches.
President of the Trade union organization of employees EPCG
Rajko Golubović, electro mechanic
Street Vasa Raičkovića 18a, Podgorica
Phone: +382 20 238 562
Cell: +382 68 571 127
Fax: +382 20 283 561
Labour union of Elektroprivreda Crne Gore AD Nikšić (hereinafter SO)
The Labour Union of EPCG AD Nikšić is the representative labour organisation in EPCG.
The organisation was founded in 1991. In 2009, a newly founded Employees’ Labour Organisation of EPCG emerged. Afterwards, the Labour Union of EPCG consolidated its power and selected new representatives. Activities aimed at better protection of economic, social and all other interests of the employees subsequently begun.
The Labour Union comprises 4 offices on the level of EPCG. Its bodies include the Assembly, the Chairmanship, the Executive Board, the Chairman and the Supervision Board. Administrative affairs of the Labour Union are handled by an expert associate and an administrative officer.
The Labour Union of EPCG AD Nikšić operates based on the principles of voluntary membership, accession to and leaving of the labour union. The organisation acts based on the principle of an organisation dedicated to employees’ interests and it is independent of the influence exerted by the employer, state authorities and political parties. It passes agendas and selects representatives independently, adopts its rules on organisation and method of operating; it is a member of the Association of Free Labour Unions of Montenegro, fully abiding by the Articles of Association and other documents of the latter.
It fosters consistent adherence to the Constitutional principles, provisions of the valid legal regulations and subordinate legislation of Montenegro as well as to conventions and directives of the International Labour Organisation.
The Labour Union of EPCG has undertaken as a task to adequately protect union-related rights and liberties of the employees, take an active role in preparation and signing of the Collective Agreement, development of the housing rulebook and other documents of interest for the employees.
We work on the basis of the principle of solidarity and pass decisions by a majority vote, respecting interests of minorities. All the open issues, which are interesting for employees of EPCG AD, are being negotiated, agreed upon and harmonized with the employer’s representatives.
Our activities and work are aimed at providing our members with:
- The employees’ right to the union organization,
- Material and working safety,
- Social safety,
- Achievement of greater employment-related rights,
- Better working conditions and protection of employees’ health, humanization of work environment,
- Realistic labour conditions,
- The role of negotiating when signing the Collective Agreement, etc.
- Development of a social dialogue,
- Development of creative abilities, education, information and culture,
- Organization of sports and amusement events,
- Implementation of the International Labour Organization Conventions, the union cooperation in the country and the international union cooperation,
It uses legal methods and forms of the union fight, in order for the Labour Union of EPCG to accomplish the following objectives:
- Presentation of employees’ interests to the employer and managerial bodies,
- Negotiating and determining labour price and other issues from the Collective Agreement,
- Warning and mediation,
- Boycott and pressures,
President of The Labour Union EPCG
Branko Manojlović, dipl.ecc
Phone/fax: 040/204-136, 067/625-933
Street Vuka Karadžića broj 2, Nikšić